The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique group Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. The group is truly global with dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Our client, a division of the group, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beverage, beer and general products industries. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers.
As a key member of the global sales team, the European Key Account Manager (EKAM) reports to the Global Key Account Manager (Global KAM). This position is responsible for the overall management of key regional Consumer Packaged Goods account(s).
- Sales Strategy
- Develop a broad and deep base of customer relationships that translates into a trusted supplier status.
- Understand customer landscape and competitive environment to develop compelling value propositions that drive value for both our customers and Hi-Cone.
- Develop a long-term strategy to drive market penetration, increase market share and create long-term profitable growth.
- Drive outside-in opportunities. Understand and anticipate customer/market trends and identify where sustainable opportunities exist.
- Meet or exceed annual sales volume and revenue targets for key account(s).
- Work with management towards the development of a robust strategic key account plan, used to direct activity to drive accelerated organic growth and sales funnel of opportunities.
- Clearly communicate to the business via pre-call and call reports, market and competitive information, machine and consumable forecasting and responsible management of a territory expense budget.
- Apply Enterprise Strategy Initiatives and group toolbox as required to accounts and products.
- Become an expert in the global group Business Model to drive the growth strategy.
- Coordinate with internal functions to ensure optimal customer support.
- Provide continuous feedback to team members for development planning and performance management.
- Provide clear communication within the company to other functions to ensure customer alignment.
- Use effective change management skills to effectively to plan, implement and evaluate change.
- Create strong internal network to improve engagement and drive business results.
- Develop deep understanding of the group Business Model to maximize commercial impact.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is a plus.
- Excellent Spanish & English speaking and writing skills required
- Minimum of 3-5 years in sales or sales consultant role; experience with large and key account management, focused on market share.
- Ability to analyze financial data and understand how it will drive success for your customers.
- Able to build trust and act as a key advisor to external customers.
- Experience with a system sell, long sales cycle, professional & consultative selling, strategic selling and customer/market analytics (understand market status with customers).
- Experience with packaging equipment, operations, maintenance; FMCG retail or beverage industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage customer requirements to all levels, including plant managers, engineering, finance and marketing team members. Ability to interact with c-level personnel.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally across all audience levels.
- Must be enthusiastic, tenacious, demonstrate resilience to commercial obstacles to find effective solutions for customers and possess high energy levels.
- Can demonstrate organizational intelligence, be a team player and have the ability to self-schedule and prioritize based on the group Business Model.
- The successful candidate will have integrity, a willingness to learn and a desire to win.
- Experience with projects and time-based activities and deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Able to demonstrate effective time-management skills and deliver reports on-time.
- Required to travel between 50%-70% domestically.
The NJ Partnership operate exclusively within the packaging markets on a global scale, sourcing successful executives for inspiring jobs on a retained basis. If this role appeals to you, please contact Katharine Martins – firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively call us on 0044 113 323 0986