A truly global manufacturer with an enviable position in the international packaging markets. Highly respected and sitting firmly in the top three in their sector, this listed company have built a robust reputation through consistent attention to FMCG consumer demands, twinned with an ardent focus on sustainability and innovation. This means to you that your employer will support, develop and nourish your requirement to move forward successfully with a company that genuinely understands that the people are the most important part of any business. Operating within the QSR sector this newly created and critical role will drive strategic development of some of the divisions’ most imperative accounts, providing the opportunity to work within one of the companies most profitable market sectors
With a specific engineer assigned to the position to develop innovation, this role will encompass a strong focus on strategic account planning and delivery – you will be networking with senior executives within your accounts and the company internationally and you should possess a demonstrable ability to open up new contacts within your portfolio and brand new business.
- Secure and maintain long term supply contracts and communications with your whole portfolio.
- Extend current business offerings in both vertical and horizontal directions as applicable.
- Work closely with customer test kitchens and with development teams to drive new packaging innovations with exclusively or jointly held IP.
- Attend national meetings and regional events sponsored by or related to the portfolio.
- Identify additional sales opportunities and develop a plan for business acquisition, including identifying products, budgets, competitive market price recommendations and penetration strategy.
- Engage in regular sales development and account communications, including weekly reports, meeting/call plans and sales pipeline updates.
- This position will be based from a home office and you must be located around the Chicago area due to the location of the key accounts.
- This position will have no direct reports but will have dotted line responsibility over certain project engineers.
- Successful relationship builder with closer mentality and ability.
- Collaborative team member with internal company teams, including, quality assurance, product development, account management, and operations to provide superior results to our customers.
- Strong skills in communication, measuring and tracking, and ongoing relationship management.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of business software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Listening, questioning and lateral thinking skills
- University/College Degree MBA would be a plus
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experience into the QSR markets, desirably in packaging
- Experience using a formal sales process ideally Sandler selling
- Experience with CRM
- Fluent in English
- Domestic travel 50%. International travel-2-3 trips a year.
If the above role appeals to you and you have what it takes – please send your resume with covering letter to expand on the reasons why you are applying for his role to: firstname.lastname@example.org